- Central Highlands Industry Capability Audit (Client: Central Highlands Development Corporation/Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning)
An extensive investigation of Central Highland business activities and key major projects in the Bowen, Galilee and northern Surat Basin areas. It identified key major project prequalification and supply chain requirements and potential opportunities available to local businesses and provided recommendations for products and support services available to assist local businesses in developing required capability and capacity to take advantage of current and future opportunities.
- Richlands-Wacol Strategic Economic Analysis (Brisbane City Council/AECOM)
As input to the Neighbourhood Planning process, our study examined this strategic western corridor industrial area's competitive advantages and disadvantages, the likely highest and best uses of its industrial land over the next 20 years and recommended actions and elements needed to promote the area as a 'world class' industrial precinct and major contributor to Brisbane's economic growth.
- Central Highlands Regional Council Industrial and Commercial Land Audit (Client: Central Highlands Regional Council, Central Highlands Development Corporation and Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation).
This 2-part study involved a detailed land use audit and mapping, the projection of future demand for commercial and industrial land within the CHRC over a 20 year planning horizon to 2031 and identifying potential issues related to the delivery of future industrial land. In involved a detailed audit of land uses and businesses, supply chain analysis, structured discussions with industrial firms and government agencies and analysis of land sales data and landownership in each of the region’s towns. It provided Council with detailed advice as to the supply-demand balance for commercial and industrial lands as part of its planning scheme review. It also tested and refined a (coal) production–based industrial land demand forecasting model developed by DEEDI.
- Western Downs Land Demand Analysis (Client: Western Downs Regional Council/HRP Planning)
A major study to forecast the future population of the Western Downs Regional Council area together with the residential, industrial and commercial land requirements of that population. The scope of work included small area population projections, land inventory and site inspection and future land requirement calculations based on observed and projected future demand trends.
- Park Ridge MDA Employment and Economic Development Study (Client: Logan City Council)
Analysis of growth potential of the Park Ridge Major Development area. The work included an analysis of Knowledge Based Industries, small area production and employment forecasts and commercial market overview to develop growth plan options for the area. An opportunities and constraints analysis was also undertaken to situate the MDA amongst its competitors in the sub-region.
- Bundaberg Industrial Land – Supply and Demand Market Advice, Kensington Lakes Airpark (Client: Pressler Properties Pty Ltd)
Study was commissioned to investigate historic, current and likely future market supply and demand conditions for commercial–industrial lots in Bundaberg and the implications for the sale and occupation of the available lots in Stage 4 of the development and determine a reasonable timeline for the take-up of lots given current and likely future market conditions.
- Industrial Land Need and Demand, Wollongbar (Client: Tabalon Pty Ltd)
Study examined the potential community need and demand for industrial land in the medium and longer term as a generator of employment and contributor to Ballina Shire’s broader economy.
- Mackay Industrial Land Demand Study (Client: The Coordinator-General Queensland)
Assessment of industrial land requirements to meet demand over the next 15-20 years. Likely future sources of land demand were identified and recommendations were made regarding the amount of land needed, lot sizes likely to be demanded and potential locations for future land acquisitions.
- Market Investigations, Mixed Industry & Business Area, North Lakes (Client: Stockland Developments)
Forecast land demand in terms of lot size and infrastructure requirements, take-up rates, target markets and indicative sales rates and pricing for a 56Ha site at North Lakes in Moreton Bay Regional Council.
- Yatala Industrial Land Demand and Economic Study (Client: Gold Coast City Council/PSA Consultants)
Future demand for industrial land and estimated exhaustion rates based on a detailed inventory of existing industrial uses and recent and historic land sales and approvals. The study also provided strategic guidance for assessments of applications before Council for 'out of sequence development'.
- Charlton North Industrial Estate, Industrial Demand Assessment (Client: Department of State Development and Innovation/Parsons Brinckerhoff)
Demand assessment for a 68Ha site in Jondaryan Shire focusing on supply-demand factors, and site and infrastructure requirements primarily for transport/warehouse and other activities requiring larger sites.
- Gympie Region Industrial Land Demand Study (Client: Gympie Regional Council, Department of Tourism, Regional Development and Industry/HRP Planning)
Estimates of additional industrial land demand likely to be generated by population growth, the capture of turn-away demand and exogenous sources over a 20 year period.
Foresight Partners has completed numerous industry market investigations and opportunities assessments for aggregates and other quarry products, as well as economic impact and community needs assessments for quarry extensions and new quarries:
- Quarry Operations Consent Extension, Queanbeyan (Client: Holcim (Australia) Pty Ltd)
- Yandina Quarry Appeal (Client: Parklands Blue Metal Pty Ltd)
- Proposed Quarry, Winchelsea Region (Client: Holcim (Australia) Pty Ltd)
- Aggregates and Related Products Outlook, SE Melbourne, Adelaide (Client: Holcim (Australia) Pty Ltd)
- Leongatha Quarry Extension, Vic (Client: Holcim (Australia) Pty Ltd)
- Western Corridor Aggregates Market Demand (Client: Fulton Hogan)
- Sunshine Coast Aggregates Market Demand (Client: Fulton Hogan)
- Bli Bli Quarry Extension (Client: Cemex Australia Pty Ltd)